Sunday, September 12, 2010

Photo 365 Project - Bellagio Conservatory


A few hours after a getting off a flight to Las Vegas, I saw this scene in the Bellagio. Interestingly enough, this exhibit at the conservatory was being removed a few nights later as I walked back through the same area. The summer theme with giant butterflies, water cans, and ants had reached the end of it's run.

I know, it is wholly inadequate in terms of a picture of the day given the events of 9/11 in 2001. A couple days later I walked by the memorial outside of the New York, New York resort and noticed a brass plaque with the following quote, a little more appropriate for the day.

"Tomorrow New York is going to be here and we're going to rebuild, and we're going to be stronger than we were before...I want the people of New York to be an example to the rest of the country, and the rest of the world, that terrorism can't stop us."
-- Rudolph Giuliani



No comments: