Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pizza Project - Day 5

And on the fifth day there was a Green Mill.


A fair candidate in the toppings department, there's little doubt this crust will be different.  Green Mill made it into the experiment mainly because they have restaurants in this area and I've never eaten at one.  I didn't want to shun them again, and was out of good options at the grocery store, so it made the cut.

Reading the back of the box I was surprised to see Green Mill is a St. Paul, Minnesota based restaurant chain.  It had started as a pub in the 1930s.  I didn't realize it had started so close by.  But this isn't a restaurant experiment, so on to the pizza.


Before each of the frozen pizza pictures I did a little clean up.  After taking the pizza's out of the wrapper I redistributed the toppings to even things out.  This one needed a lot of clean-up, mainly because it contains small bits of bacon that had slid to one edge of the pizza.  19 slices of pepperoni here, and on to the other stats.

Price: $5.99 (the range was $5 to $9.99)
Calories: 460 for 1/3 of a pizza (345 for two sizes of a pizza cut 8 ways).
Cooking Temp: 425 F. That converts to about 218.3 C.
Cooking Time: The instructions call for 9 to 13 minutes.  I went with 11, midway in the range).

And the outcome was delicious.

I'm not sure how much of the very tastiness of this pizza can be attributed to bacon, but it was a fine pizza.  Stopping at two slices could be a challenge, good thing the experiment called for me to eat four.  Thin pizza with a crispy crust goes down like crackers at a cocktail party.  All of the sauces paired well with this pizza too- but they were an extra bonus, the pizza was fine all alone.

The last pizza is up next!



No comments: